A basic part of owning a building or any other piece of property includes knowing where its boundaries are. If you don't have this information, an argument with your neighbors is inevitable. This is true whether you own private property, commercial property, or a plot of land to mine and drill in. A licensed surveyor in Long Beach can complete a boundary survey to settle conflicting views about property lines.
Also known as a property line survey, a boundary survey formally determines where a person's property begins and ends. The goal is to focus on a property's corners. Generally, people searching online for "local surveyors near me" or "property survey cost" come across Long Beach Land Surveyors. After finishing the property line survey, a land surveyor creates a drawing of the area. Because the exact measurements matter, it's crucial to seek the help of a licensed surveyor for this task.
The property survey drawing will include:
- Lot Dimensions: This includes the exact lines where the property ends and the neighbors' properties begin.
- Previous Improvements: If desired, your boundary survey can include improvements that were made by the last owner. This includes pools, garages, sheds, houses, or any other type of permanent alteration.
- Fences: At home, fences indicate to others where your property is. While the property survey drawing may include fences, they shouldn't be considered to be the property's boundaries.
- Easements: If the licensed surveyor has access to the title commitment, he can include easements in the drawing.
Boundary Survey Process
Once you've found our Long Beach, California land survey company by searching "boundary survey" we'll be happy to explain our exact process with you. What you want to include in your drawing will determine the exact boundary survey cost. The general steps include:
- We locate each corner of the property or re-establish them if we cannot determine where it is.
- We then put a marker, such as two-foot iron pipe or rebar, on each of the corners of the property.
- Sometimes, we will also include marked flags by the corners too.
- You can choose whether you want prior improvements, such as pools, garages, buildings, fences, or other structures, to the property survey cost.
- We will note all possible encroachments.
In Long Beach California, a home survey drawing is a legally binding document. Our home survey experts comply with local and state regulations about defining parcels of land and their property lines.
The Importance of Hiring a Licensed Land Surveyor
You don't want to hire just anyone to complete your real estate survey; a poorly-completed home buyers survey can cause serious problems. If your property has a failed home buyers survey, the consequences might include:
- Dispute of boundaries with neighboring landowners
- Possible loss of royalties for developing oil or gas
- Potential transfer of ownership and other title defects
- Violations of Long Beach California code
For best results, you want to hire the professional real estate survey experts at Long Beach Land Surveyors. Give us a call today to discuss your surveying needs and get a free land surveying estimate for your desired project.